Changing Hotend Pin in Firmware

jordan-bowden

Posted · Changing Hotend Pin in Firmware

Hi everybody,

The arduino shield on my ultimaker had a bit of an issue: I'm not sure if it was caused by defect or user error, but regardless the hotend connections on my board now look something like this: http://imgur.com/ep8vcjs

I was wondering, is there any way of swapping the output for the heater to the other port? I've tried searching in the firmware and I can't find if this is an option.

Thanks for your help!

-Jordan Bowden

Posted · Changing Hotend Pin in Firmware

Maybe it works anyway?

If your UM is still relatively new then you should be able to get a free replacement at support.ultimaker.com.

It's not easy to swap heaters - you have to change the firmware a bit. Actual code changes.

Easier to unsolder and move faulty components over. Is anything actually broken other than the plastic? Can you just solder the heater cable instead of screwing it in?