Why all the unnecessary lines?

R2D2sRevenge

Posted · Why all the unnecessary lines?

Hi all 🙂

im new to this Forum and got a question.

Ive done a 3d model and imported it in Ultimaker Cura (latest version).

The printing was ok, but why I have all the unnecessary lines and how can I get rid of them?

Are there any chances to delete the lines? It is just a model with walls, so it should be possible that the printer just continiously makes "circles" to complete, or do I have something misunderstood?

I attach a picture to make clear what I mean.

Gretes and Many thanks in advance

Jens

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-09 um 14.12.35.png

This could be partly because of the model and partly because of the way you have your settings configured.

If the model was designed with those inside corner radii at 6mm and the wall thickness is 3mm then the outside radii should be 9mm to make them concentric to the inside.  If they aren't then the wall thickness actually varies going around the curve.  That may be a reason why the corners have infill.

The yellow lines between the walls may be there because those areas are the sills for windows that might be in the sidewalls.

I see you don't have "Connect Infill Lines" enabled and so after each little infill line the extrusion must stop until the beginning of the next infill line.  If you enable that command a lot of the short travel moves will be turned into extrusion moves.

The "Combing" settings affects the travel as does "Fill Gaps Between Walls" = Everywhere.

Without knowing how you set it up to slice it's tough to tell what's really going on.

With the model loaded and Cura set to slice - select the "File | Save Project" command and post the 3mf file here.  If the model is proprietary and can't be shared then you can choose another model that is similar.

Hi Greg, 🙂

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Ive tried to enable "connect infill lines", but it seems to have no effect.

Maybe the problem is, that the infill geometry could not be completed in each layer cause its just to thin?

But if I set the infill to 100% I have also the unnecessary lines.

There are sooo much options too choose and I don't really know what they are doing 

I upload the 3mf file. 🙂

Many thanks in advance

Jens

CCRX_Körper6.3mf