Want postProcessing scripts to ONLY run on a SINGLE instance of cura.exe, NOT all instances

Tribble

Posted · Want postProcessing scripts to ONLY run on a SINGLE instance of cura.exe, NOT all instances

Using the scrip pause at Z height. 

Also using multiple instances of cura.   

If I enable PauseAtZ,  the fool thing applies it to ALL existing instances of cura.

How do I get the script to apply ONLY to the cura instance that the script was enabled on?

Posted · Want postProcessing scripts to ONLY run on a SINGLE instance of cura.exe, NOT all instances

Someone else may know better but I believe the plugins become "attached" to the printer.  If you use the same defined printer for each instance of Cura then yes, the plugins will be there in each instance.  If you install another printer in Cura that does not have the plugins then any of your multiple instances that use that 2nd printer will not have the plugin active.

I only own 1 printer but I have installed different printers in Cura for TPU, PETG and for PLA.  My preference was to have the purge lines in the startup gcode tuned to the material and it's print speed (rather than removing the purge lines from the StartUp).  Trying to print TPU on a bowden printer at PLA speeds didn't work out so well.

In addition my retractions are different for each material and so the PLA and PETG printer definitions have a slightly different Search and Replace plugin that is tuned to the specific retraction distance.

The PETG printer always replaces the initial retraction line G1 F2100 E-6.5 with G92 E-3.

With PLA that initial retraction is G1 F2100 E-5.5 and it gets replaced with G92 E-3.

The TPU printer doesn't have the plugin as I don't use retraction with TPU.