S5 Pro Multiple Different Communication Errors

Posted (edited) · S5 Pro Multiple Different Communication Errors

Right at the start of a print, it threw an ER34. I had to replace something in the print head a while ago, so I figured maybe I just didn't reseat the wire well enough. But no, after rebooting it keeps throwing various other seemingly unrelated communication errors, like ER35 and ER72.

What is happening here?

EDIT: attached logs

Logs.zip

Edited by CCLMakerSpace
Attached logs

Posted · S5 Pro Multiple Different Communication Errors

Update: where does this print head wire actually go? I thought maybe it got pulled or something, so I gently pushed it back into this hole, and now it's printing normally. Could it have come loose from wherever this leads? If that was it, would that explain all the other weird communication errors that seem unrelated to the printhead?

Cord.jpg

Posted · S5 Pro Multiple Different Communication Errors

This cable goes to the main board, in the bottom of the printer. ER34 and ER35 are I2C communication errors, and there is indeed I2C comms over that cable. To gain some extra confidence in the hypothesis that the cable is loose on the bottom side, you could start a print job and wiggle the cable a little back and forth. that shouldn't give an error.

If you are comfortable with it, you can take a look behind the bottom cover. Depending on the version of the S5 you have, the bottom may be screwed with safety torx screws. Please make sure you remove the power cable before opening the cover, mains voltage is accessible behind the cover. Protect the machine from ESD by taking the right precautions (ground yourself when touching any electronics)