Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
drayson

Easy plug in 3-point bed leveling

Hi everybody...

what should I say... I love it when a plan comes together...

After a long time planning and struggling around with pro & cons I finalized my alu bed with 3-point bed leveling-project.

Here we go...

First I created repacements for the original bed leveling things and a new additional thing for the middle position in the back. The nice thing: no nuts any more as there are printed parts below the wood to secure it

Second, I organized a nice 5mm thick alu plate :smile:

Next, print all the necessary stuff and disassambled the original bed.

I drilled a 8mm hole in the middle of the back mounting positions and started assambling the whole thing...

And now - look at the pics... untested under printing conditions, but nevertheless looks awsome and works like a charm... Sorry, but I'm a bit proud... :smile:

Here are a few pictures:

IMG 0736

IMG 0733

IMG 0735

IMG 0734

IMG 0738

The printable parts are available at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:247552

Unfortunately there is just one issue left - my problem with wood glue printing at glass (there are some another posts helping me to fix this issue)

Next things:

• Add a nice silicone heating pad with a nice cable chain (gues there is one who might know... :cool: )
  • Replace original wood arms with milled alu arms

... but that´s another story... :smile:

I changed my bed leveling also to three point, but I have one screw in the front and two on the sides.

I also installed a heated bed, but no Alu plate yet.

What are dimensions of the Alu plate? 220 x 220? Or a little bigger? What type of Alu is it the famous Mic-6? Mic-6 is hard to get in Europe, but after longer research and talking to specialized metal traders I found sth. which has the same quality and spec like Mic-6.

It´s called 5080 or 5083, you can buy it online here:

http://www.metall-kunststoffhandel.de/shop/aluminium-feinstgefrst-p-2134.html?osCsid=3a7f6797d76f68961e0ed88693b46260

What type of silicone heating pad will you use? Do you have a source in Europe for it? All sources I found are in China or the US.

By the way, I like the printed cable chain you made for the heated bed. I think I will print one too.

I only used a Alu plate which we had in the company - honestly no idea, but it is nicely flat :smile:

The dimensions I used is the same as original (242x242) - there is a pdf at my thingiverse description also with all dimensions.

MIC6 plates you can get here, but as this is a TM, it is sold via ACP6000.

http://www.werner-weiss-gmbh.de/ACP6000.htm

The silicone heating pad is shot on ebay - at a UK seller.

http://www.ebay.at/itm/281073796785?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Unfortunately I had no time up to now to mount it - and there is still the relais and the PSU missing :smile:

Regarding cable chain, thank you - I placed it in the UM, you can find a picture I made yesterday in my other post.