Ender 3max

Jwatt

Posted · Ender 3max

I have read threads regarding this Printer not being a choice in Ultimaker cura and the advice is to just change the size of the table under Ender 3.  I did this and yes table seems to be bigger but in reality it is not. I have a 300x300 Table but if I attempt to slice a project bigger than 220x220 it goes grey and wont let me slice it. 

Question what am I missing?

Thank you in advance.

Posted (edited) · Ender 3max

The Ender 3 profile has an area set aside on the bed for the glass clips.  The Ender 3 Pro definition is a better choice as it doesn't have the safety area.

I put this together a while ago.  Unzip the ender3max.zip file.

In Cura 5.0 for Windows:

The "creality_ender3MAX.def.json" file goes into:

"C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 5.0.0\share\cura\resources\definitions"

The "creality_ender3MAX.stl" file goes in "C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 5.0.0\share\cura\resources\meshes"

Unzip the nozzles file.

All the nozzles go in: "C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 5.0.0\share\cura\resources\variants"

In previous version of Cura the folders were arranged a little differently, but the folder names are the same "definitions, meshes, and variants").  I'm pretty sure that a MAC would have the same sort of arrangment.

It is an un-official definition so if you upgrade Cura you would have to go through that again.  It appears that Creality is pretty punctual about adding definitions for their printers.  The next release of Cura may have a definition file.

creality_ender3MAX.zip creality_ender3max_Nozzles.zip

Edited by GregValiant