Print to USB does not show until 20 resets of the program.

tacllem

Posted · Print to USB does not show until 20 resets of the program.

Hello.

I have a problem since day one.  I have an Ender 5 Pro with Cura 4.12.0.  My problem existed on earlier version of Cura. I tried Version 5 but it crashes instantly.

The problem.

When slicing a design the Print to USB option does not show. I have to power every thing off and on about 15 times until the printer mysteriously shows up.

MY Windows 10 PC shows the printer on COM3. If i unplug and plug in the USB the print head does a clicking indicating it saw the event.  The printer is always COM3. I have tested three USB cables.  I can't print with the flash drive because the socket has something jammed in it.  My solution is to never power off the PC or unplug the USB once it works.  I can power off the print power switch and then power on tomorrow and it still works. But if the power is off and the cable removed im sunk and it does not work again.

Any one have any guesses?

Thanks.

Posted · Print to USB does not show until 20 resets of the program.

I highly recommend to use Octoprint to send print jobs from Cura to your printer. The built in USB functionality is old and not supported anymore, so don't expect any bugfixes.

• Like 1