cura. 5.0 update won't config octoprint

Posted · cura. 5.0 update won't config octoprint

I've been using Cura for a few years and send files over octoprint. I have 2 different printers each attached to their own Pi and Cura always  handled it nicely. I just updated to 5.0 and I can't have it display anything to reconfigure octoprint again. I checked the marketplace and uninstalled and reinstalled octoprint plugin and its still not working in Cura 5.0... under manage printers it should show connect to octoprint nut it doesn't 

Posted · cura. 5.0 update won't config octoprint

There seems to be a problem in Cura 5.0 when installing a new version of a plugin, where Cura leaves itself in a state where it does not install the plugin files, but it does think the plugin is installed. Please try uninstalling the plugin via the Marketplace, then restart Cura, and then install it again via the Marketplace and restart Cura once more.

You are not alone with this issue (https://github.com/fieldOfView/Cura-OctoPrintPlugin/issues/272, https://community.octoprint.org/t/support-to-cura-5-0/43849/26?u=fieldofview). I am trying to figure out what exactly is going wrong, so this can be fixed in Cura.