Ultimaker Cura 4.13.1 not starting after adding skew post script processing

lolumad

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.13.1 not starting after adding skew post script processing

I have a fresh install of Ultimaker Cura 4.13.1, and added a postscript for adjusting the skew of my printer. I am using an ender 3.  https://3dmdb.com/en/3d-model/cura-skew-compensation-post-proc-script-by-joochung/8277148/ is the instructions. I downloaded and extracted the files, pasted the .py into the scripts folder in cura per the instructions, and CURA will not open when I attempt to start it. I deleted the script, and then it will start. I would like to print accurate parts.

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.13.1 not starting after adding skew post script processing

You need to get with the author of that plugin and find out why it isn't working with 4.13.1.  You may have to go back to a 2020 version of Cura.  It looks like his last update was April of last year.

The alternative is to do it right and calibrate the frame of your printer so everything is square.  The only way to print skewed parts on purpose is to twist an axis out of square.  The Y axis in particular can run at an angle to the X (the screws to adjust it are on the bottom) or at an angle to the Z (there are 4 screws on either end of the main cross beam that are below the Z uprights).  A carpenters square and a straight edge will show you where the frame is skewed and allow you to loosen some screws and make adjustments.