Dexdo CC Ruby 0.6 printcore - bad experience

hako

Posted · Dexdo CC Ruby 0.6 printcore - bad experience

Hi guys,

I've recently tested  the Dexdo 0.6mm CC Printcore (Ruby nozzle), it's about 150 USD and looks 1:1 like the original one.

The good part is that it looks like original, the Ultimaker S3 recognized it as CC 0.6 as well. 
However, when trying to print with it the nylon filament was totally stuck going in.
First it was stuck in the first 1/3 of the core, then on a second try it went down where the nozzle begins and there it was totally stuck.
It looks like inside is a piece of metal pipe where the filament rests on, before it can get heated.
The only way to make it extrude was by removing the bowden tube and manually directing the filament in.
I'll send it back.

I wondered if others have any experience with that one or with the original Ultimaker ruby printcore.
Is that also made in such a way that the filament can get stuck before reaching the hot nozzle ?

Hi hako,

personally, I've no experience with the CC ruby printcore, but IF the original caused similar problems as you described, I bet this forum would have been flooded with corresponding complaints, what's afaik not the case. So it should work flawlessly.

Regards

20 hours ago, Enigma_M4 said:

Hi hako,

personally, I've no experience with the CC ruby printcore, but IF the original caused similar problems as you described, I bet this forum would have been flooded with corresponding complaints, what's afaik not the case. So it should work flawlessly.

Regards

I guess it's right, though it looks like only very few people use those cores. Since Ultimaker went from affordable-diy to highest marketprice the amount of normal people who own a S3 or S5 is about to become extinct.
    There is not a single independent review of any CC printcore on youtube (none I could find), no comparisons, no example prints, no reviews of the original OR the Dexdo one. 

But I guess you are right that there would be at least some complaints