Cura 5: filename field in save dialog empty

GinTonic99

Posted · Cura 5: filename field in save dialog empty

Hi,

I tried to use the Cura 5 appimage on Debian Linux. What is stopping me from using it is the fact, that the file name field in the save dialogues for save project and for save gcode file is always empty. This does not change with the custom printjob naming plugin installed.

any hints?

Screenshot_20220529_111811.png

Posted (edited) · Cura 5: filename field in save dialog empty

I have the same issue.

The filename-field is empty, and its almost impossible to write a filename into it.

When you click on the field and press a key, this key is put into this filename-field, but the later keys are put into the search-field.

I have managed to save one file, with the filename "a" without any more, had to change the file to a .gcode afterwards.

The typing into the search-field brings the software to an unusable mode, i had to cancel cura the hard way.

I am using Cura with an Arch-Linux, Mate-Desktop.

Edit: Seems to be a problem of a library creating this Fileselect-Box. Happens to me in Brave-Browser, too, when trying to save an image.

Edited by Tutorius

• 4 months later...

Hey @csakenex,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉

This already seems to be reported on https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/12659
    We have a ticket on our backlog with the intent to improve this behavior.

Any tips, like the one from @Tutorius are very welcome 😊

• 2 months later...
    On 10/28/2022 at 8:35 AM, MariMakes said:

Hey @csakenex,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉

This already seems to be reported on https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/12659
    We have a ticket on our backlog with the intent to improve this behavior.

Any tips, like the one from @Tutorius are very welcome 😊

As reported, this is an issue on Debian-based distributions, but one reporter said they use Arch, so it should be considered a Linux issue.

I also use the AppImage but wish the program was built specifically for Debian, or at least Ubuntu, so it could be loaded from the product repository. I'm not a fan of Appimage distribution for programs.

My version of Linux is Linux Mint.

Thank you for letting us know this is being looked at. It's a critical issue, and until it's fixed, I'll switch to SuperSlicer, which, to be honest, is getting better. The only reason I still use Cura is that I'm better at it. SuperSlicer does some things better than Cura, and is catching up fast. 

Regards,

KPearsonXYZ

Utah, United States