How do you center your model on the monitor screen?

purplegoldwing

Posted · How do you center your model on the monitor screen?

When you rotate the view of the model with the right mouse button held down the model often ends up off the screen.  Also an issue when trying to zoom in on a particular section of the model and if that spot is not on the center of the screen it ends up off the edge and out of view.  Is there a way to center the view of the model on your monitor screen?  There have been times I may have done it accidentally because it will suddenly jump to the center of my screen but I have been unable to repeat that when I want.

There is an option to switch between "Orthographic View" (which doesn't center) and "Perspective View" (which does center).  From the Cura Menu it's in "Preferences - Configure Cura - General" under Viewport Behavior.  The setting is called Camera Rendering.  There is also a button to the right of the "front", "top" and "side" view buttons.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GregValiant said:

There is an option to switch between "Orthographic View" (which doesn't center) and "Perspective View" (which does center).  From the Cura Menu it's in "Preferences - Configure Cura - General" under Viewport Behavior.  The setting is called Camera Rendering.  There is also a button to the right of the "front", "top" and "side" view buttons.

I have tried both orthographic and perspective view and have exactly the same issue.  If you zoom in on a small model on the bed it disappears off the bottom edge of the screen.  I see no automatic re-centering.  I have selected "center camera when item is selected" but when does it center?  I do not see this button you mentioned to the right of the view buttons.  Are you talking about the buttons on the bottom left of the screen?

I am using version 5.0 by the way.

Bill

OK, playing around with it in perspective mode I discovered that if I de-select the model and then re-select it the model re-centers on the screen.  Thanks for your help.

Bill

Rio Rancho, NM