mouse problems with Cura 5.0.0 and 5.1.0

eagleman999

Posted · mouse problems with Cura 5.0.0 and 5.1.0

Downloaded Cura 5.0.0 and then downloaded Cura 5.1.0 and am experiencing the same problem on both versions, but Cura 4 does not experience the problem.

Using Cura 5.x.x, the mouse sensing is off center when trying to select anything on the screen.  I must place the mouse pointer above and to the right of my desired selection.  For example, in trying to select the "Infill Pattern" the mouse needs to positioned on "Infill Density" and to the right.

This ONLY happens on Cura 5.x.x. and not on Cura 4.x.  Also, this uniformly within Cura 5.x.x whether trying to select a file (upper left) or :Slice" (lower right).  I am operating on a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 and all of my other programs and functions work fine.

It is annoying to "stab around" with my mouse trying to select necessary fields.

CuraProb2.jpg

CuraProb1.jpg

• 5 months later...
    • 11 months later...
    Posted · mouse problems with Cura 5.0.0 and 5.1.0

You could submit a bug report on the Cura GitHub repo. Just be polite and search to see if anyone else has already filed a report on the same problem.

But if I had to take a stab in the dark I would guess display scaling, especially your main display's DPI has changed since you turned on your computer - that's been the case when I've had similar issues in other programs, my main display, 27" 4K, using 125% scaling in Windows, uses a bunch of power even when turned off so I turn it off at the power point - if the computer is running at the time then it no longer detects the monitor and switches the primary display to be one of my secondary 24" 1920x1080 screens which use no scaling.

Cura only uses the GPU for the model view in the main part of the screen, so that shouldn't affect user interface elements.