Print loosens after a few layers of printing and then gets pushed around by extruder

Posted · Print loosens after a few layers of printing and then gets pushed around by extruder

Printer:

Ultimaker 2 Extended+

Material:
PLA (black)

So Im still new to 3D printing. I watched alot of videos and read multiple guides on this website about warping and so on. I now wanted to print something more complicated for the first time. I found an articulated "snake" on thingiverse and tried my luck but I failed every try.

image.thumb.jpeg.2313112f93536de87f384159eb742e36.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.19b9b1de85f62b527d7d6786a1232103.jpeg

I releveled the bed multiple times, tried using a glue stick, increased the bed and extruder temperature, fan speed from the span of 100% to 50% (first layer and overall), lowered the speed of the first layer and overall speed, changed the size of the print from a span of 100% to 60%, added brim with different amounts of lines.

I honestly dont know much more of what I could do besides just going through each little setting and experiment with them. I would greatly appreciate any help / input on this since I really want to get more into 3d printing.

Posted · Print loosens after a few layers of printing and then gets pushed around by extruder

Try to relevel your bed and maybe try out Magigoo. I have used the Ultimaker 2+ (Connect and non-connect) and have found that Magigoo is almost necessary to get small features to stick to the bed. Glue stick didn't work for me either which is why I tried using Magigoo and I'm happy I did.

Hi there.

If this is McGybeer's snake, I have printed a few of these, and his wonderful articulated dragon on my Creality printer at home, and had lots of similar issues with the first layers and noticed that the adhesion benefits A LOT from having quite a lot of "squish" and plenty of 3dLac or equivalent (or hairspray!). Also I print the first layer quite slow, compared to the rest of the print.  I don't know how easy it is to adjust z offset on an Ultimaker printer (I don't have to do it at all on the work S5) so I guess its a case of experimenting. 

It will look sooooo cool when you crack it though.