Material Settings Assistance

SrtTuner

Posted · Material Settings Assistance

Howdy Everyone,

I will preface this with that I have spent countless hours at this point reading, searching, and tinkering in both these forums and Google before reaching out here.

I'm fairly new to 3D printing and I generally like Cura at this point, but I'm severely struggling with material settings. Now while I understand that the print profiles can override the material settings, I have not under ANY circumstances found a way to get material settings to do ANYTHING, under any circumstance, whatsoever. I have tried creating new print profiles with absolutely no settings overrides in place. I have tried right clicking and trying to tell Cura to "Use value from material." I have tried selecting different materials and letting it throw out any changes. I have tried different models. I have tried uninstalling Cura, cleaning all remnants from the machine, and reinstalling. I have tried installing Cura on my laptop and try it there (spoiler, nothing changed). No matter what I do Cura will ALWAYS set the nozzle temp to 220 and the bed temp to 50 UNLESS I manually override the temperatures in the print profile.

Key Information:

• Cura Version: 5.1.0
  • 3D Printer: Creality Ender 6

One of two things (possibly both) are true here:

a. I'm a moron and am missing something completely obvious

b. I've run into some strange issue that may need a resolution outside of my control

Does anyone have any idea what I'm missing here? Is there additional information that I need to supply that you all would find helpful? As noted, I feel I've done my homework here and I've seen similar complaints from other individuals in the wild but nothing has led to a solution on my end.

Thank you in advance for any assistance. This one is driving me a tad crazy.

You can try the profile analyser plugin to analyse in your current configuration where is set the output values. Or solution number 2 : I don't need to use the material values and create a profile adapted to each material.

On 8/10/2022 at 2:56 AM, Cuq said:

You can try the profile analyser plugin to analyse in your current configuration where is set the output values. Or solution number 2 : I don't need to use the material values and create a profile adapted to each material.

Okay. I will give the analyzer a go. And understood; I know that's an option though one I was hoping to avoid.

Thank you for the feedback!