Ultimaker Cura 4.13.1 with new Creality Ender-3 V2 Neo missing box for system.

• 2 months later...
Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.13.1 with new Creality Ender-3 V2 Neo missing box for system.

Hey @Mokutan,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉

Since Cura is open source, you or anyone else is more than welcome to work on adding this 3d printer to Cura.
I checked our open contribution requests and found that a user named Motombo had made a contribution here: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/pull/13580/files

The request is stuck in Draft since we are missing the correct meansurements for the Neo's different printhead. We expect that this has influence on the settings.

Do you happen to have a Neo and can you supply the following information?
"label": "Machine Head & Fan Polygon",
"description": "The shape of the print head. These are coordinates relative to the position of the print head, which is usually the position of its first extruder. The dimensions left and in front of the print head must be negative coordinates."
"default_value": [-20, 10], [10, 10], [10, -10], [-20, -10]

"label": "Gantry Height",
"description": "The height difference between the tip of the nozzle and the gantry system (X and Y axes)."

Here are examples of other printer definitions for reference.
https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/tree/main/resources/definitions

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.13.1 with new Creality Ender-3 V2 Neo missing box for system.

Thanks for the info @MariMakes, I am still a newbie to 3D printing, but I happen to have a V2 Neo and try to figure those measurements out once I received some digital measuring tools. Otherways, shouldn't those settings be somewhere available in the Creality Slicer profile for the Neo?

I would like to see this fixed as well. I have an Ender 3 Neo and all the other profiles are not working properly for my printer. My prints are either moved to the left and do not match up on the build plate or they are all the way forward and to the left and are printing off the build plate. See the picture below for more details. 

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_d8a2da2f-f620-4e0d-a766-16b9cd858b36.jpg

@MariMakes is there visual representation of the measurements needed from your brief description I am unclear.    I would be happy to provide the measurements once I understand what and where.

@ShadowMoses go to Settings/Printer/Manage Printers and then Machine Settings.  On the left is a box called "Origin at Center" and the box should be UN-checked.

@Vannion the measurements are from the tip of the nozzle.

Sitting in front of the printer:

• Negative X is to the left of the nozzle and positive X is to the right.
      • On my Ender 3 pro the left side of the hot end housing is my negative X and happens to be -24mm from the nozzle.
        • Your "Xmin" will be a negative number.
      • I have a 5015 fan mounted on the right side of my hot end cover.  So that dimension on my printer is 32mm.
        • Your "Xmax" will be a positive number.
    • Negative Y is to the front and positive Y is to the rear.
      • I have a fan cover on my hot end fan so my "Ymin" is -32mm.
        • Your "Ymin" will be a negative number.
      • The print head trolley wheels are in the back and must be considered so my "Ymax" is 34mm. 
    • Gantry height is measured from the tip of the nozzle to the bottom of the X beam.  It is a positive number.
      • Mine is 25mm