UM2+ temp sensor error after cleaning:(

Perchik

Posted · UM2+ temp sensor error after cleaning:(

I was preparing to sell my UM2+ and blew out the main board with some compressed air, to knock off the dust. After that, I started getting ER01 about the temp sensor failing. Conveniently, I had a new one on hand, but it still fails. I've also tried swapping in the bed cable and I'm still getting the hotend temp error message.  From the official troubleshooting page, it sounds like something is wrong with my main board. 

Give n that I'm about to try to sell it, I'm torn about what to do. If I sell it, non-working, I expect to get little for it. If I buy a new mainboard and swap it in, I'm sure I could sell it for more, but I'm not sure if that's worth the investment. I could get a cheap Chinese clone board, but that also seems like it might hurt the resale value. What would you do?

Is there a way to diagnose the board and fix it, if I had access to the right equipment?

thanks!

Hey @Perchik,

I'm not sure, but I believe an ER01 could just be a loose connector on your mainboard.
    You can read more about it here: https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011640020-ER01-Stopped-temp-sensor

Can you check if these connectors are connected to the mainboard correctly? 
    UM2-TEMP1-TEMP3.jpg

Oh, I thought I mentioned it in my post. I've wiggled the connectors, reseated everything, checked for continuity from various parts of the connector. 

The old thermistor and the new one both read about ~108 ohms. I've also tried swapping the bed thermistor with the hotend thermistor (eg, swapping temp1 and temp3) but I still get the ER01. 

Hmm..... Personally I'm a bit lost on what to do next.
    The error than seems to be with the mainboard. 

Hopefully there is someone else on the forum that can help out. 

You can also consider contacting one of our resellers near you to see if they can help out. 
    https://ultimaker.com/resellers/us