Constant notifications on printers with confirmation code

jeffroe

Posted · Constant notifications on printers with confirmation code

We have a fleet of 6 UMS5 machines deployed in our office, and recently we started getting very frequent notifications appearing on the screensstating:
"To confirm the connection with this printer, use code: 123456"

We have a lot of Cura users scattered around our building, so my assumption is that someone (or multiple someones) could be trying to connect these machines to digital factory?  Or perhaps trying to just establish an network connection to them inside Cura?

We have published instructions available listing the IP addresses of each machine so they can add the printers (all 6 of them) to Cura, but in my experience this doesn't require getting a confirmation code from them.

Any thoughts on why this is happening (and how to stop it)?

Posted (edited) · Constant notifications on printers with confirmation code

Hello jeffroe,

I have the same issue since few days now with our UMS5 machine.
    By seeing the log on the webserver, I found that the printer often try to connect on Digital Factory :

image.thumb.png.2072c709b0a5051a8a00764b11b2268a.png

I think that we don't really use it so I just deactivated and I will see if this kind of notifications still appears or not.

Edited by mistercap

• 2 weeks later...