Cura Generating G0 commands and not printing

Me_Tommie

Posted (edited) · Cura Generating G0 commands and not printing

I have recently changed to cura and love the extensive settings it offers. My problem is cura is generating G0 commands and not extruding. The prime blob and skirt prints fine but then the printer just moves without printing. looking at the gcode the first bit of the file has g0 command with no E values. my printer is properly calibrated so there is no issue with bed leveling or blockages ect. anyone come across this problem before. any help is much appreicated. please see attached the gcode file im using

tree.gcode

I have solved my problem. incase anyone has this issue, my reason for this happening was combing mode was on. my model to print is a tree so in order for the printer to to not cross walls it traveled along the the outline of the tree even on the first layer when there was noting to avoid really so it appeared to not be printing. turing this setting off fixed my problem

Edited by Me_Tommie
Solved

Posted · Cura Generating G0 commands and not printing

Hey @Me_Tommie,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉
    That's an interesting report, but I think we don't have enough information to troubleshoot. 

Can you share what kind of printer you are working on, and which version of Cura you are using?

Do you have a project file for us? It contains the printer and settings we need for troubleshooting. 
    To save a project file go to File -> Save project.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies