how to remove the disallow border in cura

Dementran

Posted · how to remove the disallow border in cura

Hi Everyone, 

New here. I have a custom built ender 3 with a built area of 220 x 220

I have being printing and using the settings of ender 3  with great results, but I had always print things within the area of ender 3 bed. 

Now, I needed to make use of the 220 x 220 bed but the Bed Clip on Cura is at its original place even though I had change the Build Volume in the settings. 
i have try to fined the folder for it but i cant find it 

in here C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 5.2.1 but i cant find resources or definitions have they moved it 

Hope someone can help. Thanks. 

Posted (edited) · how to remove the disallow border in cura

Yes, they were moved down a folder to "C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 5.2.1\share\cura\resources\definitions"

The easiest thing to do is install an Ender 3 Pro and use that one.  It doesn't have the disallowed areas but it will install with the build plate at 220 x 220.

You can usually kick that up in the Manage Printers / Machine Settings to 230 x 230.  You would need to set your "Home Offset" to 2.5mm in from the left and 2.5mm in from the front.  That provides a 2.5mm safety border around the glass.  I think you can use the stock magnetic bed at 235 x 235 but the glass has a 1mm beveled edge and so it isn't really quite 235 x 235.

If you would rather alter the Ender 3 definition file you would delete:

"machine_disallowed_areas": {
                "default_value": [
                  [[-117.5, 117.5], [-117.5, 108], [117.5, 108], [117.5, 117.5]],
                  [[-117.5, -108], [-117.5, -117.5], [117.5, -117.5], [117.5, -108]]
            ]},

The problem with doing it that way is your "custom" definition file can be over-written when you upgrade Cura.  You could do it again of course.

Edited by GregValiant