Adding temperature to gcode preview colour scheme

Me_Tommie

Posted · Adding temperature to gcode preview colour scheme

Just a small feature that most slicer do offer. when I installed the auto tower extension there was nothing i had to do to make a temp tower just select the model. in the gcode preview there is no colour scheme for temperature. no bid deal just opened the gcode file in notpad and ctrl + f to find m104 command to make sure it was actally changing temps. be nice to have this option in the colour scheme.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Me_Tommie,

Thanks for your report 👍

Interesting feature request! I don't know why this is currently not an option.
    I can see that it has been deferred before https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/11432

I'll have to ask the Cura team what they think. 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Me_Tommie,

I brought up your suggestion to the team and it's trickier than expected. 
    We get this question most often for temperature towers, but there we would not able to display the temperature since it's added in a post processing script. Our researchers see some value in adding this information, but I don't believe will work on this anytime soon.