Lotmaxx sc-10 v3

Posted · Lotmaxx sc-10 v3

I have a lotmaxx sc10 v3 and i cant set it up to print with dual colors in one head. the software i used to use was from lotmaxx but now it doesn't work. i was wondering is there a way to set the Gcode to print in dual color with one print head? also do u have a way to show me on the newest version of cura please

Posted · Lotmaxx sc-10 v3

If the printer definition file you are using with Cura allows for 2 extruders then yes, this can be done.

Go to the Cura Marketplace and under Plugins scroll down and install the "Printer Settings" plugin.  You will need to quit and restart Cura.

When you are in "Custom" mode - the Printer Settings group will be last in the settings list.  Scroll through the settings and enable "Extruders Share Heater" and "Extruders Share Nozzle".

That should get you printing.  There will be a lot of tweaking to get the Tool Change Retraction Distance correct and there are more settings in the "Dual Extrusion" section.

If the Printer Definition file you are using does not allow for a second extruder, you can load the Lotmaxx Shark.  You can make changes to it's settings (and change the name) so it will match your printer (build plate size and things like that).