Anycubic Kobra Default Profiles Missing?

Rustaxis

Posted · Anycubic Kobra Default Profiles Missing?

Are the default resolution profiles such as Extra Fine, Fine, Normal etc. a global feature in Cura? I added my Anycubic Kobra in Cura 5.2.1 using the non-networked listing for the printer, but the only three default profiles are "Suggested Parameters for" PLA, ABS, and TPU. Some features in those profiles like Z-seam position are greyed out. See screenshot.

I also have an Anycubic Vyper in 5.2.1 and the defaults are Extra Fine, Fine, Normal, Draft, Extra Fast and so on. I wasn't sure what was going on so I did a clean 5.2.1 install and got the same results. Am I missing something? I'm flummoxed. I often use the Vyper defaults to create custom profiles and would like to have the same setup for the Kobra. Thanks!

Kobra Default.png

Vyper Default.png

Kobra Greyed.png

Posted · Anycubic Kobra Default Profiles Missing?

Hey @Rustaxis,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉

Since Cura is open source, non-Ultimaker printers are added by community members.
    You can find the contribution for the Anycubic Kobra here.  You can reach out to the user and ask for more default profiles.
    The contribution for the Anycubic Vyper has been made by another community member who referred to the default quality settings instead so that is why there are more profiles there.

You can "hack" the Kobra definition files to get the same default settings as the Anycubic.
    BUT you will be deviating from the suggested settings by the manufacturer and you might have to redo this trick every time you update to a new version of Cura.

If you find the file anycubic_kobra.def.json you can remove the two lines that say:
    "has_machine_quality": true,
    "quality_definition": "anycubic_kobra",

image.thumb.png.113a54a251aa866deb0e1b53c12058fe.png

If you restart Cura you will see the same profiles as you see for the Vyper. 

Since this is a "hack" I suggest you first back-up your Cura before trying it in case something goes wrong. 
    You can read more about back-ups here.

Good luck! 💪