Cura prints support when not wanted?

3AM

Posted · Cura prints support when not wanted?

I have several prints going well for several months when recently Cura version 5.2.1   is adding support without my adding them into the slicer. I have looked at the settings several times prior to slicing and the support check is not there but when printing starts the support starts. also, just wondering, when i look at previews the supports when I want them, they are not showing in the slicer where in the past, I could see them??  

Posted · Cura prints support when not wanted?

When you are in the "Custom" mode to the right of the Setting Search box is an icon with three lines on it.  It is the Setting Visibility tool.  Click on it and set it to "All".  When you scroll down to the Support section the first selection should be "Generate Support".

It is also possible to enable "Generate Support" on a Per Model basis.  Select your model and choose the Per Model settings button on the left toolbar.  See if "Generate Support" is one of the selected settings.

When in the Preview screen there is a button for "Line Type".  Click on it and make sure that "Helpers" is selected as that controls whether Support and Skirt/Brim/Raft are displayed.