Bed Adhesion with S5 Pro and Ultimaker Nylon

LumcoMFG

Posted · Bed Adhesion with S5 Pro and Ultimaker Nylon

I have run a few parts from a few different manufacturers' nylon filaments on both an Ultimaker S5 and an older Fusion3 F410.  Where I have had a few issues with warpage, the primary (and most expensive) issue I have been having is actually from too much bed adhesion.  I have shattered two beds for the Fusion, and pulled chips out of the glass in the Ultimaker about 3 times.  The most recent, I left most settings at default for the Ultimaker nylon with the AA 0.4 core, only increasing the number of walls to 4, infill to 75% and type to gyroid (the part in question is actually a structural component, so I want near-solid without ending up with over-extrusion problems).  A single layer of PVA glue stick on the bed. Part printed great, no warpage, but when I removed the part from the bed the next day (was not held on very tight, putty knife had no issues lifting it) There was a loose glass chip sitting off to one side and I had to try to scrape more of it off of the bottom of the part.  Once there is a chip that can end up under the part, it ends up being progressive, with any extrusion that happens over it taking a little bit more glass with it on removal.  What am I missing that could keep me from needing to replace a bed every few nylon prints?

Thank You,