GCode error prints always fail, weird errors in GCode always at layer 50 (multiple files)

Rex100

Posted (edited) · GCode error prints always fail, weird errors in GCode always at layer 50 (multiple files)

All of a sudden I'M having a prints *always* fail at the same point about 10mm up, the print head then lifts up 5 inches or so, squirts out some filament then says its finished all OK (many many hours short of the expected time).

This has just happened after a year or more of never seeing this issue with Cura/Ender3v2, same on every slice/print now

I'm pretty new to this but...

I loaded the Gcode file into https://gcode.ws/ and yes I can see a weird artefact at layer 50 (image 1 attached), re-sliced multiple models multiple times with multiple different settings and I now always see that artefact. I analysed an old Gcode file that I know works and it DID NOT have that artefact at layer 50

That could be a 'red herring' but I don't have any other ideas, help please

I attached a gcode file from the print that Im trying to do and has failed 5 times at the same place

Trouble shooting steps on top of what's listed above:

I upgraded Cura to the latest version and it didn't make any difference

Installed Cura  on another fresh PC same thing, still the weird artefact at layer 50

Ender 3V2

Cura latest version

H2FF_V3_Mirror.gcode

Image1V2.jpg

Edited by Rex100
Notes on image

Posted · GCode error prints always fail, weird errors in GCode always at layer 50 (multiple files)

Here is the gcode file you posted.  I don't see anything weird in it other than it's not the one you had analyzed.  Have you formatted that memory card lately?  It needs to be done every once in a while.

Here is the one you posted opened in Cura.  I read it into AutoCad as well and that one looks just like this one.  The lines on the left are your purge lines and the angled line is from 0,0,0 to the start of the skirt/brim.  There is also the wipe-out move at the end of the print.  I think there is a better than even chance you have a bad sector on the memory card.

image.thumb.png.1138dc3335bf2d53fce39765de1dc8c3.png

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · GCode error prints always fail, weird errors in GCode always at layer 50 (multiple files)

Thanks for that, further testing indicates it is *not* the Ggode although there is still that weird artefact at layer 50 on some but not others. I have had it reliably printing now regardless for some time. I didn't really do anything except stick with one 'known good' card. Have purchased some new ones as well. I will pay close attention to which card does what if it happens again and post back here but yes sounds at this point like you may be right on.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help