Some dumped surface on dom shape part

cadcare

Posted · Some dumped surface on dom shape part

I have ender 3 printer. I am regularly found this rough dump surface in my printing projects. Please let me know the best solutions to achieve best surface finish. This is looking like some g code bugs. 

16736202332532341836802443857971.jpg

I can guarantee they are not gcode bugs.  My Ender never prints like that.

Load the model and set Cura up to slice.  Use the "File | Save Project" command to create a 3mf Project File.  Post the 3mf Project File here.

All Creality printers need the E-steps calibrated.  Did you do that?

i have not done e-steps calibration. i have crealiy cr 10 s5 printer which never produced this type of surface finish. i have generally found this finish on radius shapes like bottole bottle bottom with 15mm radius. i have attached the 3mf project file here. if you find any setting problem please let me know. Thank you very much for your reply. i have printed so many spoon in my ender 3 , but surprizly never found this rough surface as attached jpg here. it means it produced dump on only spherical bottom surface .

spoon.jpg

CE3E3V2_topcover.3mf

When I zoom in to your images it does look like some under-extrusion.  On the bowl in particular, there is very little material covering the infill.  Calibrating the E-steps falls under "it can't hurt".

Another thing are the black flecks on the bottom of the bowl.  Could that be burned material from inside the hot end?

Maybe you just need to clean out the nozzle and hot end.  A partial clog where the bowden tube meets the back of the nozzle is a popular problem on Creality printers.  You could try trimming the hot end of the bowden tube by 5 or 6mm and re-installing.  That would put the teeth of the fitting onto new plastic.  Make sure it is a nice square cut.

I looked at your settings in the 3mf file.  They look fine.  I would change some things, but they would be "personal preference" rather than something that is amiss.  I like higher "support density" and higher "support interface density" when there are arcs and circles.  The extrusions stay where they are put instead of getting dragged towards the center.

I have some analysis tools I've written.  I read a gcode into AutoCad to check geometry, and into Excel to analyze extrusions/retractions/Line Widths.

Using your 3mf file to generate a gcode everything looks very good.  Line Widths are generally right at 0.40mm (there is some variance as would be expected given "variable line width").  The speeds are on the money.  I don't see any issues in the "flow".

Within AutoCad everything is where I would expect it to be.  The layers have concentric extrusions.  The side view shows a basic hemisphere.  Certainly nothing like what printed for you.

17 hours ago, GregValiant said:

When I zoom in to your images it does look like some under-extrusion.  On the bowl in particular, there is very little material covering the infill.  Calibrating the E-steps falls under "it can't hurt".

Another thing are the black flecks on the bottom of the bowl.  Could that be burned material from inside the hot end?

Maybe you just need to clean out the nozzle and hot end.  A partial clog where the bowden tube meets the back of the nozzle is a popular problem on Creality printers.  You could try trimming the hot end of the bowden tube by 5 or 6mm and re-installing.  That would put the teeth of the fitting onto new plastic.  Make sure it is a nice square cut.

I looked at your settings in the 3mf file.  They look fine.  I would change some things, but they would be "personal preference" rather than something that is amiss.  I like higher "support density" and higher "support interface density" when there are arcs and circles.  The extrusions stay where they are put instead of getting dragged towards the center.

hi,

black mark is the impression of paint applied on the glass bed. i am using black mat paint on frosted glass for best adhesion. i was using 30% support erlier, but it takes more time print and very difficult to remove. yesterday i did two trial  with different bed temprature and got good result on lower bed temprature 40 degree rather than 50 degree. so it may be this reason. i have also tried same product with higher supoort angle, but got the same results. anyway thanks your reply.

OK that is not infill showing through but Support Interface.  I understand.

Have you tried printing those with Adaptive Layers turned on?  As the bowl areas rise they develop "feather edges" that will want to curl upward.  That can often cause a deformed look to certain layers.  Cooler temperatures can help and shorter layer heights mean not as much heat is being imparted to layers below.