I messed up Cura profile

ronprice

Posted · I messed up Cura profile

I recently installed Cura 5.2.1 and then tried to import a profile from CHEP on YouTube and apparently in the process overrode something on Cura because the Standard profile is not what it was. After trying to fix the problem I finally just gave up, uninstalled Cura and re-installed it only to find the that the CHEP profiles are still listed and the Standard profile is still corrupted. This tells me that the profiles aren't actually being deleted during the uninstall. So, I went to where I downloaded them and deleted them myself only to find after another uninstall/install of Cura, yep, they are still there. How in the world can I return Cura's profiles to the default setting and then how can I import other profiles without overriding the Cura profiles? Thank you all very much in advance.

Posted · I messed up Cura profile

First of all - i have no clue what "importing a profile from CHEP on YouTube" actually does to the system - so there is some uncertainty...

I have not installed Cura 5.x yet, but during uninstall there used to be an option to remove the configuration files as well. Dunno if this has changed?

Alternative:
    If Cura is running, choose "Show Configuration Folder" from the "Help" menu. This should navigate to the particular folder with configuration files (the actual path depends on the operating system).
    Close Cura and delete this (whole) folder and all it's siblings (or the whole parent folder "cura") to wipe the configuration.
    Restart Cura afterwards.

• Like 1