Cannot disable active bed leveling on UM3 Extended

Yo-NuTZ

Posted · Cannot disable active bed leveling on UM3 Extended

Although there is the option to set active leveling to "Never" the printer does not allow me to do so, i get an error i cannot skip.

I am on firmware 4.3.3.2018xxxx

I posted it in firmware because i remeber being able to disable it on an older version ( i would prefer not to upgrade to a newer firmware). Is there a workaround? (i know how to connect with putty to the printer if that helps)

I need this since one of my printcores is broken and i don't have another one at the time to replace it.

This is difficult to troubleshoot with no clear error, but one error I can imagine is that you need to have both printcores in the printhead, if the printer doesn't detect both printcores it stops you in most cases because with a print-core missing the the cooling won't work and the manual leveling also detects the difference between the printcores.

So even if your printcore is broken the printer must see it be present for the printer to work.
    You must also have ran a manual level or an automatic one before you set the active leveling to never AFAIK.

I'm on UM3 version 5.3.0 though

Thanks, This actually helps because i removed it since it overflowed filament on both sides of the heater block. I'll try to reassemble and stick it back in somehow and update. Oh and also do a manual bed leveling. If it still doesn't work i'll post a photo of the error.

Ordered a replacement but it won't arrive any sooner then the end of next week and I have quite a lot to print and don't need the dual hotend feature