Can Crua print over the Network to a Flashforge printer

hsubtnarg
Go to solution Solved by ahoeben,

Posted · Can Crua print over the Network to a Flashforge printer

I just got a Flashforge Adventurer 4 and want to use Cura to print to it (because it is the best slicer). How can I add the Flashforge as a network printer to Cura. It is on the same network and I have added the Adventurer to Cura and can print with a USB drive, but when I go into "add network printer" it does not find it. I know it is on the network as I can print to it from FlashPrint.

• Solution
    Posted · Can Crua print over the Network to a Flashforge printer

6 hours ago, hsubtnarg said:

when I go into "add network printer" it does not find it

The "add network printer" is (effectively) for Ultimaker printers only. Though just about any printer that has a USB port can be controlled with the same "protocol", just about all printer manufacturers came up with their own protocol to communicate via the network. Cura only knows about the Ultimaker network printing protocol.

There are some plugins that add other network printing protocols (eg via OctoPrint, Moonraker/Klipper, Creality Cloud), but even those generally don't integrate with the "add network printer" UI but have you connect Cura to the network printer in some other way.