Cura 5.2.2 stopped working

koksala

Posted · Cura 5.2.2 stopped working

I run Cura 5.2.2 last night, wanted to render another item this morning and when I run the app, all I get is a white screen... Uninstalled, installed again, same thing. Tried 5.2.3, same outcome...

No change on my PC whatsoever since last night...

Any idea what's going on...? 

Posted · Cura 5.2.2 stopped working

Hi,

I've had the same issue a number of times and have a work around.

Every time you move the Cura window around it updates the cura.cfg file under C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\cura\5.2 with new values as follows under [general] as follows: -

• window_left = 1234
    • window_top = -1234

Or some other number depending where you put it, I think it's having a problem with negative numbers.

If you delete window_left and window_top including the values, then the program should start normally.

I believe the negative number comes from moving the cura program to the top display.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Neil.

Dev255

Image of cura.cfg.JPG

• Heart 1