Cura 5.2.2 - Auto Towers PlugIn - Retract Towers

Posted · Cura 5.2.2 - Auto Towers PlugIn - Retract Towers

Hello community. I am trying to calibrate a new-to-me filament, and am having a challenge with the retraction tests. As you can see, I am printing the "Retract Distance" towers found in the "Auto towers" plugin within Cura. The one on the left is 1 - 6, and the one on the right is 7 - 12.

There is next to NIL stringing at any setting, but what I am seeing is a piece of filament sticking out from both sides no matter what retraction distance. At the lower levels (1mm - 6mm) it is slightly smaller in length than at the higher levels (7mm - 12mm) but it remains no matter what.

I'm only about 1 1/2 months into the hobby and have tried googling/YouTubing the issue but to no solution. I'm hoping that perhaps someone here may be able to point me to the right direction as to what setting I should be adjusting now to remove the extrusions from both sides.

Thank you.

Cura: 5.2.2

Ender 3 S1 Pro

eSun PETG White

Nozzle: 235

Bed: 80

Cooling: 0% (removed the checkmark so disabled)

Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm

Print Speed: 50 mm/s

IMG_0587.jpg