Print Sequence - Ultimaker S3

mattwiner

Posted · Print Sequence - Ultimaker S3

So I'm trying to print one at a time.  I have the setting turned on, but it took me about an hour to figure out from another thread for a different brand printer (that was IDEX) that I needed to turn off the S3's second extruder.  As soon as I disabled it, the option showed up.

Shouldn't Cura be able to detect this on it's own printer and at least tell you/warn you.... or know we are only using one extruder anyway, so let's display the option? 

• Like 1

Posted · Print Sequence - Ultimaker S3

I know!  Right? 

This is only ONE of the problems if you have an inactive core enabled.  For example if you are printing ABS on the left core and pla or pva on the right and don't disable the right core then the bed temperature is all messed up and your print will come off the bed.

Now you know: ALWAYS disable a core that isn't used. 

But why can't cura just determine this automatically?