5.0 is fine, any version after that wont start completly

JTMD
Go to solution Solved by JTMD,

Posted · 5.0 is fine, any version after that wont start completly

Any version I've tried that's later than 5.0 appears to start, but I never get the opening screen.  The initial splash screen showing loading progress works but then disappears and nothing.

5.0 works fine.

AMD Radeon Pro wX7100 graphics board - latest firmware.

• Solution

fixed.  Deleted cura

used Revo to assure all remnants were gone

used Regclean to assure the registry had no evidence of Cura left.

installed 5.2.2

Cura needs a competent programmer to make it appear professional.  Buggy as all heck.

• Confused 1

Sorry to hear you were having issues with UltiMaker Cura.
    There was a bug in the uninstaller 5.1.1 or 5.2.0 (sorry I cant recall which version specifically) which made it difficult to remove the software.

With that said its odd that you couldn't use the software with a fresh install. You can have multiple versions of UltiMaker Cura installed at one time. Sounds like there was something else going on.

ya, people always assume it's something else's fault when they cant figure out the problem..   I've run into that my entire career.  Early on (late 1980s) I was a mechanical tech for a PCB assembly plant.  When the GENRAD kept rejecting completed boards the software programmer blamed the machine - it was so simple it couldn't be the machine - he insisted it wasn't his software.  Frustrated I went to the factory for two weeks to learn the software....
    It was his program - the company invited him to find success elsewhere.
    After that, either I did both the mechanical and programming or I refused to be involved.  Turned into an excellent career

🙂