Why is not thin walls activated to begin with ?

Mcudnic
Go to solution Solved by MariMakes,

Posted (edited) · Why is not thin walls activated to begin with ?

Cura 4.13.1     I work at a school with design students and teachers. For some reason cura left out parts of the print. The culprit is that thin walls, is not activated !
Many prints have had details missing, i thought that  thinner walls than the nozzle width, was the reason, but i was wrong. Could not find nothing about his. So why not post it !
Many of us want to print fine details, and text is by far the worst to print. Our student have made keyrings and nameplates, So no wonder part of the text was missing.  Cura is my preferred slicer. I would consider myself to be semipro, and i can build a 3-printer from parts, and have them working with Marlin 1 and 2.0x. 
I print about 40 details a week periodically and topping at 100 parts per week. I of course ran into this 2 years ago. But with a pc swap, those setting were lost ! That's why i am annoyed over this. If a wall is 0,4mm and the nozzle is 0,4mm. should it not be possible to print small things like text characters, from scratch ? The Machines  i use are non networked c10s and 5 others all using cura as preferred slicer. I will turn off that function and show it below hot it affect the print. That would be pic n2. if i check thin walls, this can be printed fully. Not tested it yet though. I will of course inform teachers and student to have thicker parts anyway, to get i bit more stable prints out

thinwalls.png'

Skärmbild (5).png

Edited by Mcudnic
more info and spelling, pardon me I'm swedish

• Solution
    Posted · Why is not thin walls activated to begin with ?

Hey @Mcudnic,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉

I also really like the Print Thin Walls setting! 🤩

With the introduction of the Variable Line Width Engine in Cura 5.0 and higher, it's actually disabled by Default. 
    You can learn more about these changes and the way it makes it easier to print tiny details here:
    https://ultimaker.com/learn/ultimaker-cura-5-0-stable-release

If you want to learn more about the settings that were introduced here:

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/4792077687068

Long story short, if you can, I would definitely upgrade your Cura to the latest version. 
    You can download it here: https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura