Printing without print head fan?

2go

Posted · Printing without print head fan?

Hello!

Ultimaker 2+. What are the consequences of printing without the print head fan for a few days? The middle smaller fan, not the sides ones. I need to finish a project in a few days and a replacement would only arrive next week.

The fan in question is Sunon Maglev MC25060V1-000U-A99. Are there any other alternatives or is this the one and only I need to purchase?

Thank you.

331316263_595722131953441_3798032657872829600_n.thumb.jpeg.e91aa6006d8e199b48ff8bc6a45bee41.jpeg

Posted · Printing without print head fan?

Print failure, Jamming, heat creep, physical damage of the print head.. possibly more issues.

Unfortunately the small middle fan is the most important fan. It keeps the cold side of the print head cool.
    I would not recommend using that printer at all until the fan is replaced.

Also I wouldn't advise trying to source a "cheaper alternative" for the fan as the cheaper ones usually have lower air pressure.. using an under powered fan will usually result in the same issues as not having one at all.