Curious Z offset happening with raft.

zBeeble

Posted · Curious Z offset happening with raft.

So... I'm having a bit of trouble with a miniature I'm printing for my D&D group.  I decided on this attempt to use a raft because on a previous print, a couple of the supports had failed to stick to the build plate.  Anyways... the print was a complete failure.  When I went back to Cura to make some changes, I think that I see JackelwarePrintProblem.thumb.jpg.84f1b6dfadbd8d0cc715801d94b02b90.jpgwhy... there's a curious and large difference between the outline of the model and it's actual position.  This leads to a large gap between the support and the model.  This gap seems to be something along the lines of the thickness of the raft.

Posted · Curious Z offset happening with raft.

Load the model and set Cura up to slice.  Then use the "File | Save Project" command and post the 3mf file here.  Someone will take a look.  In the meantime you can open that file in something like MS 3D Builder and check it for errors.  A lot of those types of models have errors due to the way they are created (from a cartoon / magazine or scanned).

@MariMakes is a fan of miniatures and might have some info.