Vertex Delta K8800 Start code

Go to solution Solved by GregValiant,

Posted · Vertex Delta K8800 Start code

Hello
If I adjust the File "vertex_delta_k8800.def.json" the start code, Cura starts with error messages, is this due to a security check by Cura or do I make a text error that causes it to go wrong, I already have it with previous versions of Cura but then all of a sudden it went well. How can I get this done without an error message.
Yours sincerely,
Tom

• Solution

It's a json file and coded much like Python.  You must have the punctuation exactly correct  (a tab character is not the same as a space character) and a correct new-line character between commands.

If you open the cura.log file you should find the exact error described.

If you alter the definition file - if/when you update  Cura to the next version, you will lose your changes.  The easy thing to do is just edit the StartUp and Ending gcode in the Machine Settings in Cura.

Hi @GregValiant

You hit the spot, found the mistake, and it is working again.

I did not know that it was editable in Machine Settings!

Thanks, that makes it easy, but i think it is also gone after update.

Kind regards,

Tom

If you alter the stock "Machine Settings" it gets noted in a .cfg file in the "app data\cura\5.3\definition changes" folder.  When you update Cura that will get used when the printer moves to the new version.

• Heart 1