What 40mm fans for UM1

Posted · What 40mm fans for UM1

I came across this double fan duct setup

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/double-fan-duct-40mm-ultimaker-original--3

But it needs two 40mm fans, and the original UM1 fans are bigger, so where can I buy 40mm fans here in holland that can be connected to the UM1.

A lot of them have 3 wire connection, and I need a two wire connector

The best option would be super silent fans, I don't mind spending some cash for these :)

Hi Xeno,

here in Tilburg we have Piet Knowledge on the Korvelseroad, ( A.k.a. Piet Kennis), most electronic shops will have them I guess, or Conrad?.

Take care with the dimensions. Check for yourself on the counter, or the datasheet online.

Some confusion.. 40mm FanHole, 40 mm Oustside square, 40mm square boltpattern?

Took me two ride's to get the right ones :(..

Got the two Nuctua fans today, and they are really quiet (and expensive), and work great,

they give a little less air then the stock 50mm fan, but that was to be expected, but now I have two fans instead of one.

thanks guys :)

IMG_1085.JPG

Looks really nice! Did you discover any down sides by now?

It's this model right? http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/3600422_-nf-a4x10-flx-40mm-noctua.html

I'm think about purchasing this setup as well.

Looks really nice! Did you discover any down sides by now?

It's this model right? http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/3600422_-nf-a4x10-flx-40mm-noctua.html

I'm think about purchasing this setup as well.

Yes those are the ones, I have not had any problems, but I still have to test if the fans blow enough air.

because they are silent you don't hear the rush of air :)

and the fan-ducts are not as close to the nozzle as the older one was, this could also impact the amount of air flow close to the nozzle.

I am doing a test right now with a Non Vase

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:31206