Cura 5.2.2 not launching on Windows 10

3DCoxie

Posted · Cura 5.2.2 not launching on Windows 10

I have tried all the suggestions I can find to get CURA 5.2.2 to launch. I had 5.0 working fine before I uninstalled it. When I try to open the application now I get a brief view of the spinning wheel and then nothing. 

Computer Compatibility

Acer Aspire R with an i5-6200U CPU@2.3Ghz, Intel HD 520 Graphics (Open GL 4.4), 8GB Ram, 230GB Available HD Space. I am not running multiple monitors. 

Installation Location

I have tried both the suggested "Program Files" location as well as creating a file in the root of C in a "Ultimaker-Cura" folder. The second option worked when I had Cura 5 operating.

Security/Firewall

I  have tried running with the firewall turned off and there was no change.

Log files

No log files have been created.

Support Software

I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-22 redist x64 installed, Windows 10 home 2H22

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I see I have an app crash EventType=BEX64 which is the probable cause of my issue. i have tried many suggestions from online sources from video driver settings to security settings...nothing. Anyone else have a similar issue? WER text file attached...

Hey @3DCoxie,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉
    Sorry to hear you are stuck 😖

I have a couple of questions to narrow it down.

1. Do you have multiple monitors? Does Cura start if you disable one of the monitors?
    2. Do you have two monitors placed above each other? Can you try this workaround from the community? https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/42633-cura-522-stopped-working/#comment-318105
    3. Do you have GPU Tweak OSD overlay enabled? Does Cura start if you disable that software?
    4. Do you have a Ryzen Graphics card? Can you try this workaround? https://support.makerbot.com/s/article/1667412437627
    5. Do you have the Nahimic audio enhancement service enabled? Can you try this workaround? https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/12102#issuecomment-1157907665

Posted (edited) · Cura 5.2.2 not launching on Windows 10

@MariMakes

Thanks for the reply. I am not running two monitors. My graphics card is an Intel HD 520 however I tried changing the setting as suggested. I don't have the Nahimic audio enhancement in the services list. 

I reinstalled 5.0.0 and it appears to be working fine. Would there be a native file required for 5.2 or 5.3 that is not required for 5.0?  I get the same app crash EventType=BEX64 for both 5.2 and 5.3 but not 5.0.

Edited by 3DCoxie