Hey Ultimaker check your support ticket system

paulpugh

Posted (edited) · Hey Ultimaker check your support ticket system

Hoping that somebody from Ultimaker will see this message and test their ticket system. For me it seems that it does not work. I have submitted two tickets and the order number it gives you comes back as invalid number when you search it. The first ticket, after I never heard a thing from Support after five days I contacted my dealer who usually provides the support in this region. They never got the ticket sent to them. When I went to check the system for status it says invalid. That ticket was 00807522. I just created another ticket and 00808317 and it says invalid number. I see other posts on the forum of people saying that nobody is responding to their support requests. 

Thanks

-p

Pasted Graphic.png

Edited by paulpugh
  • Like 1

Posted · Hey Ultimaker check your support ticket system
49 minutes ago, Josnoww said:

@chekkefr I am sorry to hear you had a similar experience. Was your issue resolved?

thank you, honestly this is a normal response from customer support. The responses I got before took a day or two to come and made me feel like I was in the youtube comments section. I mean the responses I got for this post (

).

I was trying to be constructive and basically got told, 'yeah they're noisy deal with it'. Just say:

"I'm sorry that that is an issue for you. Printing speed and accuracy was found to be more of a concern for our customers so we choose the drivers and motors to optimise that. However we'll certainly take your comments on board and look at including in future updates or models." 

I'm a tech as well so PR isn't my strong suit but these are pretty fundamental skills or ways you treat and interact with customers. 

In terms of our problems, we've semi solved two by turning the bed temp up to 70 and putting new print cores in, the third one is still having problems but we'll work it out. Overall, just very disappointed at the lack of modern features like fast printing and service, I honestly hope you improve but I doubt I'll ever recommend an Ultimaker again. 

Posted · Hey Ultimaker check your support ticket system

@chekkefr I would like to try and address a few of your issues and concerns where possible.

Support Response Time
    With the recent merger its been a difficult process merging the "MakerBot" and "Ultimaker" Support Ticket tracking systems (They were 2 completely different software platforms, with very different approaches for the Support Queues). It has caused some cases to get routed incorrectly routed in strange ways.
    This is however NOT and reasonable excuse from a Customers stand point, its a UltiMaker issue and we must do better.

We all completely agree its not reasonable for the expectations to be lowed by the Customer.

With that said, your 2 cases in question 00807522 & 00808317 ended up with some odd routing and made them hidden to the Support Team. This is why you had gotten no response for so long.
    Thanks to your report here, they actually found a few others that ended up in the same routing. 
    We thank you for helping us identify that issue!

Loud Printing S5

I am sorry you felt my response was not very professional. This is a public Community form, you should never expect official response's or Technical Support from UltiMaker here. UltiMaker does not offer official support via the community, you need to reach out directly to UltiMaker for that. 

With that said I was a long-time Customer of UltiMaker's before my employment and I have a UltiMaker 2 myself that has gotten a lot of love over the years. I got my UM2 back in 2015. I also feel the current generation machines are quite loud, and was surprised to find out the current generation S-Line are equally as loud. But as noted thats just how they are. The UltiMaker S5 was released in 2018, the more "quiet" machines by 3rd parties didn't really start to hit market until late 2020's. So it is inline for the time it was created sound wise. I can say the Ultimaker 2+ Connect is a much quieter machine, though possibly not as quiet as you would expect and the functionality is a bit more limited in some cases vs is older siblings in the Ultimaker 2 Family.

Again we are very sorry about the issues you have had.