Printing Rainbow Filament

JStolars

Posted · Printing Rainbow Filament

Sorry for noob question. Two years printing and still feel confused. Anyway, I'm dying to try latest Cura 5 upgrade, but

now after several agonizing days of learning to print Matter hackers silky Rainbow pla, I hate to mess up my present version of Cura settings, and config file for this devilish filament :(.

Older forum mentioned putting second version of Cura in Folder. I'm on Windows 10.

Last few days been brain numbing, so just a small help, would be appreciated.

Hey @JStolars,

I moved your post to a separate thread. 

I'm having some trouble understanding what you need help with. 😅
    What problem are you encountering? 

Do you want to upgrade your Cura but are you worried that you are losing your settings? 

Have you tried making a back-up? You can read more about that here: https://support.makerbot.com/s/article/1667412704080

Yes. Sorry for late reply as well. I want to run two separate versions of Cura on the same computer.

I just got a new printer and will be using both machines, and want to try the latest version . I don't want to upgrade my existing version of Cura which is 4.13.1. It's taken me more than a week to get the Silk pla printing well, and really don't wat to mess that one up.

I want different separate installed. Been awhile since I installed Cura, and can't remember if it gives option to install

to diffrent folder or not. Wanted to ask before making mistake.

Updated. Went ahead installed 5 xmas, and the most recent 5 beta. There is a pop up on 5 beta, that asks if you want to sync each time it opens. Click the x to close it. All 3 work fine. Some of the settings do sync anyway, so just one extra step to keep them independent. Just bought a Sovol sv06 and wanted to use 5 beta with it. The tree support is excellent. The changes to brim awesome. Thanks Cura team and all contributors...really an excellent slicer, and so thankful for the hard work that must be involved in making it work so well 🥰

• Heart 1