PVA Removal Station For Sale

Posted · PVA Removal Station For Sale

I am selling my just purchased UM PVA Removal Station.  It has been used only three times and works absolutely perfectly, as advertised!

So why am I selling it, you ask.  When I first heard about this a year ago, I was excited to buy one and did so as soon as they became available.  But, I failed to do my homework before purchasing it.  The PVA Removal Station is designed to remove PVA support filament (duh...).  It is beautifully designed to do exactly that and if I was only needing to dissolve PVA I would be very happy with the station.

BUT, in reality I do a lot of printing of engineering grade filaments like nylon, PC, PA-CF, etc., and use high end (often ridiculously expensive) dissolvable support filaments,  The problem is that unlike PVA, which dissolves very quickly in the unheated PVA Removal Station, these support filaments need warm to hot water to dissolve in any reasonable amount of time.  I assumed the UM station would have optional heating and didn't bother to read the description closely before ordering it.  Note that if they do come out with an upgraded model with heating capabilities, I will order it immediately,

So, for now, back to manual dissolving in hot water, changing the water frequently for these support filaments. 😞 

The Station costs $895 with free shipping in the US.  I will sell my barely used unit for $750 with free shipping in the US.  Message me if interested.

• 1 month later...
    Posted · PVA Removal Station For Sale

I apologize if this off topic but I have found that a sous vide cooker and a large Rubbermaid container works very well for removing the advanced support materials you mention. The Sous vide cooker can heat the water anywhere from 25C up to 90C and it also circulates the water. You just need to change the water occasionally. It may not be as pretty as the UM solution but it does heat the water which makes a huge difference.