Cura 5.3 not starting?

Badgersurfer

Posted (edited) · Cura 5.3 not starting?

Up until now I have had no issues with 5.3, but whether it was caused by a plugin update which is the only thing that has recently updated I have no idea.

Checked my file integrity and no issues. Uninstalled and reinstalled it. It work first time and and then failed to load. I then realised that it would more likely load from the Win11 App link direct but not from a taskbar link... (did before) then another time it failed and I start 5.2 no problems, then ran 5.3 ok.

I have an Acer Predator Triton 500 I7 2GB NVME and 16gb RAM Win 11 Pro Nvidia RTX 2060...

Seems it will always start 5.3 if I start 5.2.1 first.

I think it may be an issue with the GPU...

Anyone had similar issues?

Edited by Badgersurfer

Posted · Cura 5.3 not starting?

I am having the simillar issue.  On first launch after a restart or boot it works.  If I quit Cura 5.3 and try to relaunch it, it will not start.  I have to restart the computer to make it start.  I am using windows 10.

It seems sometimes to happen that Cura isn't completely finished when you close Cura. This happen to me today as well. Open the windows taskmanager with [Strg]+[Shift]+[ESC] and look for process called "UltiMaker-Cura" and/or "Slicing engine for Cura". Terminate the process before trying to start Cura again will help in those cases.

Edit:

It turns out that my start problem was related to an issue with the updated mesh tool plugin v 3.7.1 . Please see

Maybe it is worth to check it for your installations as well. Installing the dev-version solve my start problem.

Edited by DivingDuck
    • Like 1

Posted · Cura 5.3 not starting?

Similar to you, I recently upgraded to 5.3 from 5.2.1   During my first slice, the slice progress bar stalled, mouse think wheel went crazy, and cura crashed.   Since then, 5.3 will not fully open for me.  I get the blue splash screen, it opens a white full screen program labeled Ultimaker cura at the top, but inside the white body I only get a mouse thinking icon, and eventually get a windows 'program not responding' and crash.  I've rebooted several times and even uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times.  I just reinstalled 5.2.1, and its working perfectly.  Something must be bugged with 5.3

my specs are 13700k, 3080ti, 64g memory, and all drivers are up to date.  Its not a pc power issue

On 4/8/2023 at 11:10 PM, Badgersurfer said:

Up until now I have had no issues with 5.3, but whether it was caused by a plugin update which is the only thing that has recently updated I have no idea.

This is indeed due to a bug in the 3.7.1 release of MeshTools. See the post linked to above for a clarification and for instructions how to fix the problem.

You can either uninstall the plugin, downgrade to 3.7.0, or install the fixed 3.7.2-DEV version. I have withdrawn the 3.7.1 release of the plugin from the Marketplace and submitted a new version of the plugin. It may take some time before that version is available in the Marketplace.

Edited by ahoeben