Posted · Revert back to Network Printing from Cloud Printing

Hello Community,

With the recent firmware update, my network printer became a cloud printer.

My printer is right next to me, and I don't have global users sending prints via the cloud, neither do I.

Moreover, the live webcam functionality in Cura is lost as cloud printers can only be monitored in the browser. The browser only shows periodically updated static images, not a live feed.

This is a very redundant and inconvenient update.

Is there a way to revert back to a network printer?

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Praddy

image.thumb.png.ddab72c63317c7d2c5bbb646a8b82549.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted · Revert back to Network Printing from Cloud Printing
17 hours ago, jhartzell said:

I agree, I do not want to print to the cloud. How do I revert to Network printing???

Just disable your printer's firewall.

• 3 weeks later...
    Posted (edited) · Revert back to Network Printing from Cloud Printing
    On 5/4/2023 at 1:40 AM, jhartzell said:

I agree, I do not want to print to the cloud. How do I revert to Network printing???

Same for me.

I updated the printers in our company from 7.x.x to 8.2.0.

Printers worked fine as a (LAN) group before the update and my colleagues could benefit from the shared queue.

Also it was easily visible, which printer is in use and how are the different printers configured (print core, material, etc.).

After the update, all is gone.

Now every engineer has to check each printer's webpage to check configuration and availability (e.g. to find out how long may it be blocked by another user).

That 8.2.0.0 "upgrade" comes with a massive feature "downgrade".

Edited by zyxtaxbo
    forgot a point to tell