z axis size

Posted (edited) · z axis size

My print size on z axis is 400mm. cura won't let me work with anything taller then 150mm. Why?

Longer LK5 pro. build size is 300x300x400.

Build box only allows 150mm on z axis. settings in cura are set to 300x300x400. x and y work right.

Edited by Shiler00
more info

Posted · z axis size

I haven't seen that problem before.  There are currently a couple of bug reports on GitHub involving the "Machine Settings" dialog box, but they have been in regards to the ComboBoxes for "Build Plate Shape" and "Gcode Flavor".  Maybe this is another problem with that particular dialog.

I checked using 5.3 and I don't have the problem with the Zheight (but I do have the problem with the comboboxes not actually changing the setting).

Posted · z axis size

Might be a corrupted machine profile..

@Shiler00 can you share a project file with us?
    Guide: https://support.makerbot.com/s/article/1667411030205

Posted · z axis size

HI everyone, Here is a  project file as requested. 

Thanks for the help. 

LK5PRO_Spiralvase.3mf

Posted · z axis size

@Dustin I get a "Fatal Error" when attempting to open that project file.  It appears that there are files involved for his Longer that I don't have(?)

Posted · z axis size
    5 hours ago, GregValiant said:

@Dustin I get a "Fatal Error" when attempting to open that project file.  It appears that there are files involved for his Longer that I don't have(?)

Looks like this project file was generated in 5.3.0 Christmas Alpha. 
    I think thats why its crashing for us.

@Shiler00 I would recommend reporting your issue over on github as possible bug.
    Here: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues

Posted · z axis size

Hello everyone. Thanks for all the suggestions on how to fix my problem. I ended up removing Cura completely and installing 5.3.1.

Working fine now. 

• Like 1