Concentric Bottom Layer issue

06_Benji_03

Posted · Concentric Bottom Layer issue

Hello, there. I have the problem when i want do print a concentric bottom layer the printer stops at some point and continous the print on another place the result is the same but i don't have a clean surface with this issue. Does someone know what to do with this issue?

20230418_193533.jpg

• 1 year later...

Not OP but I can hopefully help explain the issue more. I've been having the same issue through multiple versions of cura, I think the first time I messed with it was somewhere around 4.9, and I recently updated to 5.7 and its still behaving the same. 

I don't know why, as some prints I slice with concentric top and bottom layers behave as intended, and the layer is one continuous concentric line, while other times it seemingly decides at random to split up that layer and print it out of order. 

Ill attach my current profile and a model this happens on, not sure if you have the time to check or even get notified on this thread though.

CE3PRO_Umikot54 - Stand Lug.gcode forumexample.curaprofile

11 hours ago, tharl99 said:

Ill attach my current profile and a model this happens on, not sure if you have the time to check or even get notified on this thread though.

It'd be awesome if you could attach a Cura project file (.3mf, get it ready then go to File > Save Project) of a print that has this problem so those of us with too much free time who hang around here could have a look and see if there's anything we can find that'd fix it.

Posted (edited) · Concentric Bottom Layer issue

With the Z-seam listed as "Random" you are getting random line starts all over the place.

image.thumb.png.b6819241ad7f0bc037afd8005638ea43.png

With any "User Specified" Z-seam location (such as "Back") things look as you seem to expect.

image.thumb.png.f25bdef60a23967202fc42da33938d88.png

Edited by GregValiant

Odd, I've had this profile setting for about a year, and the 5.7 update is the only time it started to do this, but I'll change that and see if that resolves the issue.

It doesn't look like anything changed in the definition files for the Ender 3.  The "Z-seam Location" is still listed as "User Defined" and "Back".

Maybe it was an inadvertent change because your custom "Sturdy Super Quality .4" profile has the Z-Seam location set to "Random" and that's what seems to be causing the nozzle to jump around doing little areas and causing the discontinuity.