Printing walls at one time?

DeanS

Posted · Printing walls at one time?

I haven't been able to find an answer by searching yet, but here goes.

If I have a project that has multiple openings in the bottom layers cura prints one wall of each opening and outside walls first then goes back around and prints the second wall of each opening then prints the next wall of each. This makes a lot of moving and retracting when there is a lot of holes. Is there a way to print all the wals of one opening then move to the nex and print all those walls and so on? This would speed up the process and ease up the jumping around of the printer.

It seems like the program should be able to do it.

Thanks for any help.

• 9 months later...
    Posted · Printing walls at one time?

Creating an account for just this very feature request.

After pouring over the settings I don't think there is a way to do this though there are other post which request this feature.

To second what is written above parts often have many holes.

Printing just the outer wall on all holes, then back through the same set of holes to print the inner, is too many retraction steps and for some parts very costly.

Having the option to print all of the walls, both inner and outer, before retracting would be incredible.

For the sake of finding something that works today are there any other slicers that can do this? Maybe the PRUSA slicer?

Thanks!

Posted (edited) · Printing walls at one time?

Make sure you have Walls > Optimize Wall Printing Order turned on and Experimental > Group Outer Walls turned off. I just did a couple of tests and that made it behave like you want (which I'll agree, is the way that makes sense).

The exception is if your inner walls are a different width to your outer walls, then it will print all of one set of walls first instead of changing the flow rate back and forth constantly.

Edited by Slashee_the_Cow