Klipper on Ultimaker 3?

Yo-NuTZ
Go to solution Solved by ahoeben,

Posted · Klipper on Ultimaker 3?

Hello,

I only realized after buying my current Ultimaker 3 Extended that its marlin implementation is kinda lacking, for example no linear advance and some other smaller things. What i hoped to help was the Tinkergnome firmware but it doesn't work on the UM3.

I just realised, the board is a somewhat standard RAMPS type board with the classical ATmega 8bit chip and the firmware is based on Marlin so does anobody know if I could get klipper to work with it? Has perhaps anybody had any success with this?

• Solution
    Posted (edited) · Klipper on Ultimaker 3?

I don't think it is impossible, but it will be a lot of work and you will loose some functionality (such as automatic filament detection, printcore detection, the Digital Factory). Other functionality you will likely have to reimplement from scratch (tool changing, nozzle offset calibration, material changing).

Edited by ahoeben
    • Like 1