Ender 3 pro Print failing (not printing walls)

melta

Posted (edited) · Ender 3 pro Print failing (not printing walls)

I have used the same gcode file
seems like the walls of the object are not being printed
Also i have used the ff fast preset

and the stock 0.28mm preset in cura
and used the stock preset in creality slicer
USING PLA

IMG_20230430_111939.jpg

IMG_20230430_111946.jpg

Edited by melta

Posted · Ender 3 pro Print failing (not printing walls)

Even the cube that printed doesn't look very good.

Are you certain there are no loose parts on the printer?  Hot end is tight and no wobble in the X carriage or Y bed carrier?  No clogs at the top of the nozzle where the bowden tube is supposed to seal?

A project file ("File | Save Project") would help.  

I'm far away but I can see you aren't managing your cables.  Anything that CAN snag WILL snag and cause problems.  I printed a couple of parts to manage the filament and cables.  The cables are just hanging from looped together rubber bands but that allows them to move around while holding them up away from the bed as it slides in and out.  The filament guide is one of the rubber band hang points.  I used a ceramic ring from an old fishing rod guide and cut it into a half moon and it's a chafe protector in the filament guild.  The filament was eating it's way through the loop.

DSCN3117.thumb.JPG.9b9df5852f167e26f88251a303fd8e4a.JPG

I've nipped the tie wraps off the bowden tube so it can move independent of the electric cables.

DSCN3119.thumb.JPG.a74f60f7654d3c28c633e9bd09173170.JPG

As the print head slides back and forth on the X beam the bowden tube rotates in the fitting on top of the hot end.  That fitting has little knife blades that keep the bowden from backing out, but the little blades chew up the bowden and it gets loose.  That allows it to back away from the nozzle and a gap develops there.  Molten filament gets pulled into the gap and in turn it causes a lot of friction on the filament.  Not enough to skip steps, but enough to impede the filament flow.

The stock hot ends on these printers are prone to those kind of clogs where the bowden meets the back of the nozzle.  Every 20 or so hours of printing (and before every long print) you need to pull the bowden tube out of the hot end and trim it back 5 or 6mm leaving a nice square cut.  Eventually it will get too short to work, but that takes a while.

To clean the clog you need to heat up the hot end.  Carefully remove the nozzle using a properly size socket wrench (NOT a pair of pliers).  With the bowden pulled out you can shove a piece of coat hanger or properly sized piece of wire (or a piece of filament if you're quick) down through the hot end to clear any clog.  Carefully reassemble and it will last awhile.  I went to an all-metal hot end.  It's much better...but it's not maintenance free.

Wait i just saw something
    Some filament is getting stuck in the fans like cobwebs

Bro its missing like two fan blades

That's a popular problem.  It must not be too out-of-balance or you would have noticed right off.  It's a 4010 24v fan I think and ball bearings are good.  If that is the stock fan it has sleeve bearings and that's one of the reasons it is so loud.

I went with an Orion OD4010-24MB for the hot end.  Make sure you solder the wires together and insulate them rather than using some kind of funky connector that can fall apart.